SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-timeAre you looking for a work environment as a Med/Surg Registered Nurse where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with Rapides Regional Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Rapides Regional we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
The Life of an HCA Nurse
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Registered Nurse for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Med/Surg nurses are the master coordinators of the unit, juggling care for their patients while keeping the entire health care team on the same page. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure.
About this unit:
- 35-bed Med Surg unit that cares for General Medical and Stroke patients
- Teamwork is the core of how we operate
- Engagement of Leadership – Everyone on the team is motivated and patient focused
- Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority
- Through assessment of the patient’s physical, nutritional, psychosocial, spiritual, emotional, cultural, educational, and rehabilitative needs, problems are identified and documented in the clinical record and communicated to the physician, case manager, and ancillary departments when appropriate
- Appropriate standards of care, care plans, and interventions are initiated, professionally modified, and communicated to the patient and other members of the healthcare team
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the following age groups: pediatric, children, adolescent, adult, geriatric
- Provides patient/family health education that promotes healthy behaviors, supports recovery, and enables the patient/family to be involved in decisions about their own care
- The patient’s responses to interventions and progress toward desired outcomes are assessed, re-assessed, evaluated, and documented in the clinical record
- Patient care activities are coordinated through collaboration and planning with other members of the healthcare team
- Physicians’ orders are carried out accurately and efficiently, and clarified when necessary
- Adverse or sudden changes in the patient’s conditions are promptly communicated to the physician, charge nurse, nursing supervisor, and/or family with specific and pertinent data
- Able to identify potential or actual victims of abuse and understands the proper reporting mechanism
- Able to recognize adverse drug reactions and demonstrates understanding of proper reporting mechanism once reaction is identified
- Appropriately assesses the patient’s pain and involves the patient in effective management of that pain using appropriate interventions
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary for administration of blood and blood products and appropriately monitors the patient receiving blood/blood products for any transfusion reaction; takes proper measures once a reaction is recognized
- Patient care equipment is utilized safely and efficiently in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Standard precautions are promoted and followed in the utilization of principles of infection control in patient care
- Achieves stated goals related to job performance
- Educational attendance records reveal attendance at all required educational programs/in-services
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of a Nursing Program from an accredited school
- Currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana or valid compact license from permanent state of residence
- CPR for Healthcare Providers to be completed within 30 days of hire
Rapides Regional Medical Center is an award-winning 350+ bed hospital and ER in Alexandria, Louisiana that offers a wide array of services ranging from Cancer Care to Wound Care, and our medical staff includes doctors in more than 30 medical specialties.
At Rapides Regional we believe that well-defined values are the key to nurturing staff and patient satisfaction. By joining our team you contribute to the positive culture of the hospital, which directly impacts the well-being of your patients, their families, your colleagues, and your own personal job satisfaction. We invite you to learn firsthand what our unwavering commitment to patient satisfaction, service excellence and professional expertise can do for your career.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.