SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Hanover Emergency Center provides emergency care fast and close to home. Conveniently located in Mechanicsville at the corner of Atlee Road and 301 in Rutland Commons, our emergency room is open 24/7. This full-service ER has the same advanced technologies and services you would find at a hospital’s emergency room, but in the community where you live and work.
Hanover Emergency Center was designed specifically around patient comfort. Patients are offered the highest quality of care with private treatment rooms, including specialty rooms for trauma, pediatric and behavioral health patients. We also use the most advanced diagnostic technologies including an on-site laboratory, dedicated digital X-ray room and computerized tomography (CT) scanner.
- 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
About the Freestanding ER:
- 24/7 Full-service emergency care including pediatrics
- Treatment for minor illness and injury (sprains, strains, breaks, falls, coughs, colds, UTIs)
- Care of major medical concerns (drug overdose, burns, GYN, sepsis)
- Treatment for heart concerns (chest pain, shortness of breath, congestive heart failure, cardiac arrest)
- Treatment for respiratory issues (asthma, COPD, respiratory arrest, shortness of breath)
- Treatment for life issues (animal bites, allergic reactions, cuts, wounds)
- Treatment for emotional wellness (acute and chronic behavioral health)
- Advanced imaging equipment including 3D mammography, CT scanner, digital ultrasound, digital diagnostic and portable X-rays
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises nursing staff and assures staff competency
- Coordinates and maintains communication with medical staff, nursing units, Administration, visitors, patients and their families for emergency services throughout the hospital.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that support the provision of services, achievement of outcomes, and guide regulatory compliance.
- Conducts ongoing assessment and improvement of the department’s performance.
- Promotes the quality management through various hospital clinical initiatives by maintaining appropriate quality control programs.
- Assumes leadership role in developing and executing strategy of new services and programs to support the Emergency Department and Hospital.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the requirements of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Oversees and directs department orientation, in-service training, and continuing education for the department Fosters an environment of professionalism, collegiality and collaboration and ethical practice.
Required- Five (5) years current nursing experience; two (2) years of management experience
Preferred- Previous experience in Nursing Director capacity
Required- BSN or currently enrolled in BSN program
Preferred- MSN, MBA, MHA or masters in related field
CERTIFICATIONSRequired - BLSPreferred - ACLS, PALS, and CPI required within six (6) months of hire TNCC and ENPC as available
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.