SCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemRegistered Nurse (RN)Psychiatric AdmitPRN 0.001 FTELawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed
acute-care hospital offering
a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart
Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic care,
including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include adult and
pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics,
orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as
inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The
Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level
II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the
American College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach
providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to home. Additionally
Lawnwood offers the area’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first – no
matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of
top healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life centered on
Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.
The Mental Health RN manages the nursing care of patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs initial and on-going physical and psychosocial assessment according to accepted standards of nursing practice
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs
- Carries out physician orders
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed
- Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems
- Instructs and educates patients and families
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- One year of Acute Care Nursing experience preferred.
- Current certification in CPI, or obtain within 30 days of hire
- Previous work experience on an acute Psychiatric Unit preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.