1 East Medical Specialties
Position Summary: Full Time Nights 40 hours a week.
The Clinical Nurse Supervisor manages patient assignments and flow within inpatient care unit. Provides oversight of direct patient care to support patient and staff needs. Serves as a lead, clinical resource, role model, and extension of management to uphold institutional priorities, policies and practices.
1E Medical Specialties is a 36-bed, inpatient medicine unit. We care for adults typically on the inpatient medicine service who suffer from acute and/or chronic illness. Our team approach and changing environment make it a great place to learn and build/expand on nursing assessment, delegation, prioritization, critical thinking and time management skills. We have a team dedicated to process improvement, problem solving, and teambuilding, which has allowed us to become a unit where everyone is a part of the solution.
- Assigns staff to patients per current unit workload. Considers pod acuity, staff experience and competency, learning needs and patient acuity/complexity when considering shift assignments.
- Participates in performance management of staff members to include coaching, preparation of performance evaluations, and the performance management process. Initiates disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Addresses conflicts as they may arise. Assists/mediates to maintain smooth operations of the unit. Involves unit leadership or House Supervisor as appropriate.
- Facilitates timely admissions and discharges to optimize clinical capacity.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
- Bachelor's Degree (e.g. BSN, BA, BS) at time of hire, or degree expected within 36 months of hire.
- 2 years of progressive responsibility within an acute care setting required.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain clinical competencies within assigned unit.
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills required.
- Demonstrated abilities with problem solving, leadership, communication, fiscal responsibility and teamwork.
- Ability to work effectively in groups of employees and with patients and patient families is essential.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
- Licensed Registered Nurse in New Hampshire required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate required upon hire and as applicable, higher level per unit certification requirements as stated on the grid attached to the AHA and Life Support Policy.