Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling. By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Physician’s Assistant or Nurse Practitioner with Corizon Health at Idaho State Correctional Center located in Kuna, ID.
- Respond to and initiate care for medical emergencies throughout the facility.
- Identify inmate / patient health problems and prescribe treatment under direction of a physician. Document all healthcare contacts.
- Order and, if necessary, performs laboratory studies, X-rays, examinations, and electrocardiograms, as appropriate.
- Implement medical care utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by the Physician.
- Provide education to inmate / patient, healthcare and correctional staff.
- Adhere to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills. Follow security regulations for keys, sharps and controlled meditations.
- Delegate to and supervise other team members as appropriate.
- Adhere to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Can deal with and respond to stressful situations in a stressful environment.
Corizon Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
- For Physician Assistant, Graduate of an accredited college / university Physician Assistant program
- For Nurse Practitioner, Graduate of an accredited college/university nurse practitioner program with current certification.
- Holds a current license to practice in the state where facility is located
- Maintains required annual licensure and credentialing requirements for physician assistants in the healthcare unit.
- Maintains an active CPR certification.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.