2331 Eastchester Road, Bronx, New York, 10469, United States of America
DaVita is seeking a full-time Patient Intake Nurse who is looking to give life through our Home program modality. You can make an exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their families dealing with end-stage renal failure or chronic kidney disease.
In this role, our Patient Intake Nurse with provide concierge service to our Home modality patients.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Main point of contact with physicians for referrals
- Coordinates all steps of admission for patient up until training to include, but not limited to: Patient education, access placement appointments, physician communication, home visit, etc.
- Partner with Home Admission Specialist for support with pipeline management and insurance review
- Travel between facilities in area of coverage to meet with patients, physicians, and teammates to follow a patient’s path to admission.
- Teammate is expected to be 100% on-site and ability to travel between facilities
- Teammate is expected to do home visits as a step to admission for patients
- Provide peritoneal dialysis therapy within the scope of practice and according to the plan of care; recommends a dialysis plan for ultra-filtration; complies with all safety measures, monitors patient vital signs applicable to ESRD patients, administers medications per physician instruction if allowed by state agencies, documents activity appropriately
- Current LPN-LVN license in the state of practice required
- Current CPR certification required
- IV certification required if required by state regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Completed training program approved by the medical director and the governing body as required by CMS guidelines prior to operating the water treatment system
- BONENT or CHT certification preferred or as required by state regulation
- Minimum of one year's experience in a clinical setting
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in computer systems of DaVita within 90 days of hire required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today. Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.