One Hurley PlazaRoom 5A, Flint, Michigan, 48503, United States of America
Charge Nurse, Hospital Services - FLINT MICHIGAN
As a Charge Nurse (RN) at DaVita within our Hospital Services team, you will provide professional nursing care and coordination of nursing care and services to patients in licensed hospital environments. This position acts as team leader and provides education to teammates in accordance with established policies and procedures. At all times, the Hospital Services Facility and the patient’s physician retain ultimate authority over and responsibility for each patient's care and treatment.
You will have the opportunity to excel as the superior dialysis nurse, mentor and clinical expert you are-and have a dramatic impact on the lives of our patients and their families. In this vital Charge Nurse role, you will coordinate and direct the activities of clinical and non-clinical teammates including managing the schedule, adjusting teammate shifts to accommodate patient ratios and assisting with teammate evaluations and training. As the Charge Nurse, you will serve as the highest ranking supervisor when Hospital Services Administrator is not present.
A Hospital Services Charge Nurse Shining Star should bring:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice
- One (1) year current nephrology nursing experience preferred
- ADN degree from accredited school of nursing required; BSN preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Current CPR certification required
- Current basic EKG interpretation certification preferred
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; basic familiarity with MS Excel and PowerPoint preferred;
- Proficiency in all related DaVita clinical applications required within 60 days of employment or position change
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization and with patients and caregivers with varying levels of medical understanding
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in talking with patients, hospital staff, and teammates as well as relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in consultative skills when addressing inquiries with ability to articulate instructions clearly and simply for patient health improvement, education, and problem solving
- Self-directed; able to function independently and as a member of a team and to foster a positive work environment; proactively seek ways to help others
What a Hospital Services Charge Nurse Can Expect with DaVita:
- Typical Schedule: 4 10-hour rotating days with 2 to 3 on call days
- Cross training will be provided for our Grand Blanc facility as well as multiple dialysis modalities
- Supervise direct patient care; ensure care is complete and provide direct patient care as needed
- Communicate and confirm estimated time of arrival, changes in treatment plan, vascular access complications and Physician Orders with assigned patient’s nephrologist prior to patient treatment.
- Coordinate and communicate plans for patient discharge with patient’s nephrologist and Hospital Services.
- Notify the Hospital Services Program Office of inventory and equipment needs and the Bio-Med Technician of any equipment malfunctions
- Participates with Hospital JDOC
- Ensure optimal clinical outcomes, regulatory compliance for the Hospital Services facility, and operating efficiency for Hospital Services Program
- Inform HSA/AHSA of all incidents, conditions, problems, counseling regarding teammates, patient care, or facilities
- Assist HSA/AHSA with completion of annual mandatory in-services, compliance, and competencies
- Participate in Hospital Services Program Homeroom meetings, Quality Assurance meetings, and in-services as required
- Review essential quality assurance markers of care delivered and assist Hospital Services Administrator or Assistant Hospital Services Administrator with QA review and reporting
- Planning, Coordinating, and Organizing
- Regularly communicate with Hospital Services Program Office throughout day to plan, confirm, coordinate, and organize assignments
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.