Join Our Team: Are you ready for a rewarding career? Join a company that cares for you, too. Overview:
CNAs: Are you ready to change your life with the most rewarding career move you’ve ever made? If you are a person of integrity that demonstrates compassion, top-notch hospitality, honesty, and respect for all those you encounter...then Elderwood could be your new home!
Elderwood at Liverpool is searching for dedicated & compassionate Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to aide our very busy 160-bed Skilled Nursing facility in Liverpool, NY. We are in growth mode and just completed a beautiful renovation our facility including investing in new state of the art equipment and anticipated iPads for our nursing staff!
The position is FULL TIME, evening shift: 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM with an every other weekend & holiday rotation and a $1,500.00 Sign on Bonus! As a full time employee you'll have a set schedule with consistent days off and holiday rotations to provide you with a great work/life balance. We have openings on our Short Term/Rehabilitation Unit (40 Beds) as well as our Long Term Care Units (60 beds).
Perks of being an CNA at Elderwood:
- Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility
- Top Notch Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous PTO & holiday package
- 401K Retirement plan with company matching
- New WEEKLY pay
- Nursing Career Ladder Program - Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Consistent work and holiday rotations to provide you with a great work/life balance
- Substantial Employee Referral program
- Free On-Site Parking
- Friendly, Supportive Staff
- Quiet Suburban Neighborhood
- Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment
- Relaxing employee lounge with free iced/hot coffee
- Monthly employee appreciation events
- Employee of the month recognition
- Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse nursing team
- Truly make a difference in our residents lives while providing top notch care
- Just 10 minutes from Syracuse
Elderwood is a strong and growing company that is truly invested in its employees. We just recently increased our wages and offer an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision coverage, paid vacations and holidays, an Education and Tuition Assistance Program and much more. Elderwood has a large continuum of care and is proud to say Elderwood at Liverpool has been providing top notch care at their location for 34 years!
What our CNAs Do:
- Direct and monitor the personal care duties carried out by Nursing Assistants of an assigned team.
- Report to Charge Nurse unusual symptoms, daily needs and progress of residents.
- Notify Charge Nurse of changes in residents’ conditions or needs
- Follow the Profile of Care for each resident and monitor the performance of the Nursing Assistants in carrying out the appropriate aspects of the care plan.
- Responsible for responding immediately to residents’ requests.
- Assist residents with the following Activities of Daily Living (ADL), according to their plan of care and individual needs.
What it takes to be a CNA:
- Sixteen (16) years of age required; high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Registration in the State Nurse Aide Registry (CNA) is required. Active on the State Nursing Aide Registry with no findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment or misappropriation of property.
- Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
- Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Caring and respectful attitude toward residents
- Physical stamina for constant activity required.
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.