** $7000.00 SIGN ON BONUS**
We are looking for a skilled LVN to become a part of our facility's compassionate care-giving team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of nursing responsibilities during each shift, from processing patients in and out to delegating nursing rounds and drug administration. We're looking for a highly competent and well-organized professional who values safety, security and patient wellness above all else. We focus on providing the best care possible while ensuring patient satisfaction in every interaction. The LVN is responsible for making sure those values are reflected in his or her staff at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or relevant qualification.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved LVN program.
- Possession of a current valid Texas driver's license or regular means of transportation to and from work.
- One (1) year of experience as a nursing assistant in a skilled rehabilitation, skilled nursing or Long-Term Care (LTC) environment preferred.
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be capable of operating a personal computer to enter resident data as required by regulation and facility policy.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form effectively with all levels of employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Good understanding of medical and pharmacological terminology.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Excellent problem solving/analysis/judgment skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Builds and maintains cooperative working relationships
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, supervisors, County employees, elected officials, law enforcement, other agencies, and the public.
- Resourceful, dependable and accountable
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a current and active license to practice as a LVN in this state.
Summit LTC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.