Licensed Practical Nurse Team Lead -Family Medicine Lock HavenLocation:
Lock Haven, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule:
Rotation Work Type:
Clinton/Lycoming County Community Medicine DivisionDate Posted:
Job Summary Directs and supervises support staff of Geisinger. Assures that patients are treated with concern and that providers are provided with prompt and courteous service.
- Supervises all support staff.
- Participates in recruitment, interview and selection process of nurses and support staff.
- Coordinates training and orientation programs for the nursing and other clinical staff.
- Assesses ongoing training needs.
- Schedules employees and manages resources on a daily basis.
- Serves as a resource to answer questions and resolve problems.
- Plans and conducts in-service and other informational meetings with employees.
- Encourages and coordinates continuing education for self and staff.
- Monitors performance and provides feedback.
- Conducts performance appraisals.
- Evaluates job competencies.
- Addresses performance problems, initiating the discipline process if required.
- Intercedes on behalf of assigned personnel when problems are encountered with physicians, patients, or other clinic personnel.
- Assists with budget.
- Obtains necessary approvals and administers approved budget.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for assigned area.
- Assures adherence to regulatory agency requirements, safety standards, and infection control procedures.
- Evaluates operations and recommends and implements changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for staffing plans.
- Monitors, evaluates, and revises as appropriate.
- Coordinates purchasing activity, including but not limited to, monitoring inventory and supervising the ordering of items as needed.
- Coordinates activities with other sections and departments.
- Acts as a liaison with other groups, both internal and external entities.
- Prepares and monitors all required monthly reports.
- Provides clerical, clinical or diagnostic support services to patients or providers.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
We're proud to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and experienced nursing leaders
- Paid Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s) Licensed Practical Nurse - Default Issuing Body; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.