Logo Job Details Job Class: Registered Nurse Administrative-Supervisor (RNAS) Working Title: Director of Nursing
- Who May Apply : Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted : 10/21/2021
- Closing Date : 11/22/2021
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit : Minnesota Veterans Home - Hastings Domiciliary
- Division/Unit : Nursing
- Work Shift/Work Hours : Day Shift, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm with occasional weekends
- Days of Work : Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm with occasional weekends
- Travel Required : Yes, 20%
- Salary Range: $37.64 - $55.84/hourly; $78,592 - $116,593/annually
- Classified Status : Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union : 216 - Middle Management Association/MMA
- FLSA Status : Exempt - Executive
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Director of Nursing is a professional nurse who will manage, direct, and provide direction for the Nursing Department to assure residents' needs for nursing services are being met and that residents of this Domiciliary Program are receiving the highest level of quality care possible. To ensure that nursing services provided to the residents are designed to meet individual residents' needs, abilities, and/or disabilities. To develop a therapeutic environment that allows for the achievement of residents' goals as determined by the interdisciplinary team. To ensure that the regulatory needs of the Minnesota Department of Health and Veterans Administration are met. The Director of Nursing will support the program direction of being a supportive environment that fosters a stable, healthy, and meaningful life for Veterans.
This position will travel between the Hastings and Minneapolis Domiciliary Programs. Qualifications
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume/application clearly describes your experience in the areas listed below, and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held. Only applicants whose resumes clearly demonstrate fulfillment of each of these minimum qualifications will be considered for this position. Minimum Qualifications
- Current Minnesota Registered Nurse license with no restrictions
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Three years experience supervising or managing direct care nursing staff
- Two years experience working with one or more of the following; Veterans, mental health, chemical health, case management, or older adult care
- Effective communication and human relations skills sufficient to direct a diverse nursing staff
- Excellent skills in supervision, planning, motivating and providing leadership to staff
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) / Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Valid driver's license or the ability to commute independently between the Minnesota Veterans Home Domiciliary Hastings and the Minnesota Veterans Home Domiciliary Minneapolis, Statewide meetings and other business related travel
- Experience working with Veterans
- Experience working with Vulnerable Adults
- Experience working in a union environment
- Experience in managing employees in varied work locations
- Demonstrated success in survey performance
- Additional leadership education or preparation such as Master's degree or certification
- Experience in developing nursing staffing plans using evidence based strategies
- Demonstrated competency in quality assurance and performance improvement activities
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Application Details Why Work For Us
- A Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) background check will be conducted on all finalists for this position. Finalists must pass the DHS background check.
- A Tuberculosis (Mantoux) screening (or chest X-ray) is required prior to employment.
- Employment reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance and contact with the applicant's former employer(s).
- Finalists may be required to pass a driver's license check.
The Minnesota Veterans Home - Hastings Domiciliary Program is a supportive environment that fosters a stable, healthy, and meaningful life for Veterans. Our rewarding program helps Veterans with their clinical, mental, chemical and physical needs, and has the capacity to serve 195 Veterans between the Hastings and Minneapolis Domiciliary campuses. We offer a creative, fun, collaborative, and stimulating work environment that encourages professional growth.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age. How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at .
For additional information about the application process, go to . Contact
If you have questions about the position, contact Ann Lewis at or .
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your Connect 700 certificate and the job posting ID number to Ann Lewis at by the job posting closing date. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at or email . Please indicate what assistance you need.
Per M.S. 43A.111, MDVA will give priority consideration to certain qualified disabled Veterans. To be considered, you must be included on a US Armed Forces permanent disability list with a disability rating of at least 30% or been rated by the US Department of Veterans Affairs as having a compensable service-connected disability of at least 30%. Official written documentation of this disability dated no more than one-year preceding the date of application must be submitted. Please email the documentation, your DD214, and the job posting ID number to Ann Lewis at no later than the job positing closing date.