SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-time **Up to $15,000 Sign On Bonus for Eligible Applicants** (Must have 1+ year of Acute Care RN experience to qualify)
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find ou t what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Surgical Services team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, and flex spending accounts for medical and childcare needs , and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs. Surgical Services
Memorial Hospital of Tampas expert surgeons and support staff, state-of-the-art facilities, and safety-focused programs combine the best of technology with a healing touch. The accredited anesthesiologists, nurses, technicians and surgeons are leaders in their respective fields, and are continually training and advancing their education to be the most skilled and knowledgeable they can be. At Memorial Hospital of Tampa, we pride ourselves in being at the forefront of all types of medicine, and surgery is no exception.
- Number of Staff: 36
- Operating Rooms: 10
- Types of Cases Seen: General Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Gynecological Surgery, Plastic Surgery, ENT Surgery, Urological Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, Robotic Surgery (Da Vinci Xi)
- Approximate Number of Patients Annually: 4,300
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurses and Surgical Technologists (Certified and Non-certified), Registered Nurses First Assists, Physicians Assistants
- Major Equipment Used: Da Vinci Xi, Mazor X navigation system, Mako with Hip and knee platforms, Steris and Trumph OR tables, sterilizers, Stryker and Storz Endoscopic towers, Zeiss microscopes,
- Schedules: 8-hour shifts, Monday-Friday, with on-call requirements
- Dress code: Scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Complete computerized charting ("Electronic Health Record") for patient assessment and care documentation
- Electronic medication administration record (eMAR) is used for the delivery of all medications provided to patients and has significantly reduced errors associated with the administration of medication hospital-wide
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments. Provides oversight, prioritizes and delegates patient care to team members based on accurate patient assessment and staff capabilities.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ERs, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Healths top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Memorial Hospital of Tampa, 183 beds, has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa for more than 40 years. Recent renovations and the addition of state-of-the-art technology has kept the hospital modernized to provide high-quality medical care, including emergency medicine, diagnostic procedures, surgery, outpatient therapies and acute care for hospitalized patients. With a high caliber medical staff and a team of caring, skilled employees, its no wonder Memorial Hospital has a long-standing reputation for excellence.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Qualifications Requirements
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred. BSN enrollment required within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum 6 months OR experience required
- Experience in Ortho, Spine, Robotics, General among others preferred
- CNOR preferred; required within 6 months of eligibility.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required for RNs on all nursing clinical units
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.