Clinic Nurse LPN Float - Convenient Care DanvilleLocation:
Danville, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule:
Rotation Work Type:
Convenient Care & Community Medicine DivisionDate Posted:
Job Summary Provides primary clinical support to the provider, patient and their family to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient's condition. Follows up on diagnostic testing to ensure completion, accuracy, and filing of same in medical record to ensure continuity and quality of care. Promotes a clean environment. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in specific age range on their assigned clinical area.
- Obtains and documents patient medical history, chief complaint, vital signs, and provides basic medical data base for provider, and prepares patient for examinations.
- Provides direct clinical care as directed by provider.
- Assists provider in performance of minor surgical diagnostic procedures and ancillary diagnostic examinations as directed by provider to facilitate accurate diagnosis.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and complete associated paperwork to expedite laboratory studies with maximum accuracy and efficiency.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication, as directed by provider, prioritizes communication to the provider, responds to patient questions and requests to ensure efficient use of provider time and timely response to patients needs Administers medications and vaccines including intradermal and skin testing under the direction of a provider and per scope of practice.
- Cleans and sets up examination and treatment rooms between cases, ensures required levels of asepsis, availability of appropriate instruments and equipment, and preparation of patient.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
- Travel between Central Region sites is required
- Every-other weekend is required. Closed 6 recognized Holidays by Geisinger.
- This position allows a flexible work-life schedule employees work 7 out of 14 days.
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required), - (Preferred)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Nursing (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s) Licensed Practical Nurse - Default Issuing Body; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.