Full Time ICU Nursery
This job posting is for two (3) 12hr night shifts each week.
* In hospital setting, accountable for utilizing the nursing process.
* Responsible for performing patient care, delegating patient care tasks and for supervision of other patient care staff.
* Responsible for coordinating the plan of care for a group of assigned patients and consulting with other members of the health care team when indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
* This clinical nurse demonstrates proficiency and abides by policies, rules, guidelines and procedures.
In clinic setting, provides professional nursing care for clinic patients following established standards and practices. Responsible for telephone triage, patient flow, and coordination of patient care. Schedules emergent need patient appointments, identifies learning needs for patients and families, provide advice and recommendations, inserts intravenous access with medication administration and duties as assigned based on clinic need. Delegates tasks to clinical staff in accordance with demonstrated competencies and consideration to Scope of Practice. Subject matter expert for patient education, assessment, interpretation, and documentation of patient care and testing. Enters admission orders as directed by provider. Responsible for managing expired samples. Able to work in a team atmosphere as well as autonomously. Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor at all times. May be responsible for covering Medical Assistant job duties, LPN job duties, or other office duties as needed.
In Population Health setting:
* Acts as an advocate for the patient in all activities including nursing assessments, care coordination, care plan development, and communication.
* This position is accountable for identifying and developing innovative actions to meet the needs of the patient from both the health care and psychosocial / socioeconomic dimensions of care as well as acting for provision of services to meet those needs.
* Assist with completion of the initial patient assessment, including a medical record review where available
* Documentation of current advance care directive status and ongoing efforts to reconcile patient/caregiver misaligned goals with current clinical status
* Perform ongoing assessments commensurate with patient risk level and/or identified need
* Collaboration with multi-disciplinary team to develop plan of care, establishing a collaborative approach to patient needs across clinicians and care delivery
* Initiate and maintain ongoing communications with clinicians involved in patient care, especially PCP
* Meet with families/responsible parties for collaboration on patient plan of care and discussion of patient/family/responsible party contribution to the ongoing management of patient condition
* Coordinate care across the continuum of care delivery model as the point of contact for patient/caregiver and clinicians
* Act as liaison between providers, nursing facilities, hospitals and program staff, including making recommendations about care alternatives or equipment that will aide in the safety of the patient while promoting optimal clinical outcomes
* Monitor patient progress to plan of care goals with emphasis on patient care need during transitions and changes in member level of care needs
* Monitor patient during admissions to both acute and skilled level of care to support patient needs, establish as the point of contact to clinicians and patient/responsible party/families to ensure consistent and ongoing communication between all involved parties
* Main educator for patients and/or families/responsible parties on disease processes and ways to manage disease progression as independently as possible
* Reviews medical information collected including medical records and/or performs additional assessment to facilitate medical necessity determinations regarding service requests as established with in the identified program guidelines and the state established nurse scope of practice
* Serve as a resource to the entire care delivery team
* Identification and reporting of any quality of care issues
* Maintain HIPAA compliance as it relates to patient care
* Attend departmental meetings and daily huddles
* Completes other duties as assigned
* Requires 5 or more years of clinical practice in a hospital, clinic, home care or nursing home setting
Less than 1 year
Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Registered Nurse - Various
Associate Degree (Required)
Night (United States of America)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint Luke's 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke's Health System employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.