SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
SIGN ON BONUSES offered
Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
· Paid Time Off
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
· 100% matching 401k based on years of service
· Identity Theft Protection discounts
· Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
· Adoption Assistance
· Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
- You will consistently apply the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients.
- You will collaborate with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
- You will provide communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
- You will demonstrate teamwork, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
- You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree registered nurse program.
- You should possess your Registered Nurse License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
- You should have a current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- You should have a minimum of six months of clinical experience as a licensed RN in the specialty area of hire.
- Approved for and maintains requirements of the MHS Nursing Clinical Excellence Program RN level IV to include BSN or national certification.
We are seeking experienced nurses to work Othopedic unit at Methodist Hospital. The orthopedic unit is a dynamic unit providing staff members both
professional growth and personal job satisfaction. The care delivery models we use are primary care which also utilizes the patient-focused care model.
Our Ortho units offers the following:
- 32 bed unit specializing in Orthopedics with all private rooms.
- 1:5 Nurse Patient ratio.
- Hip Arthroplasty & Hemi-Arthroplasty
- Total Knee Arthroplasty & Revisions
- Intramedullary Nailing
- ORIF (Open Reduction Internal Fixation)
- Incision and Drainage
- Spinal Surgery
- General Surgery
- Some Medical Overflow
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. Weve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing
so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Notice
Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.