SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Days Shift Sign On Bonus Offered Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is licensed for 382 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrogs Hospital Safety Grade A. It receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the worlds first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. For more information, please visit our website at and select Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital under Locations. Highlights for Preop/PACU Departments: Pre-op: We have 8 hour shifts. Take weekend call every 9 weeks; sometimes more weeks in between. Great Teamwork, Work/home life balance PACU: Work 4-10s Rotate call during week and weekends. Have PRNs that help with call on weekend decreasing 1 st call amount Great Teamwork As a professional Registered Nurse (RN) at Methodist, you would serve as an advocate for the patient and their family. We are looking for RNs who have a passion for serving humanity and want to deliver exceptional care to those they serve. We offer you a generous benefits package including:
Critical factors to your success include:
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Consistently applying the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients
- Collaborating with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
- Communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
- Demonstrating team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
- Accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and promoting a positive image of nursing
Qualifications Job Requirements:
- You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or certification in your specialty area you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN IV position.
- You should possess your RN License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
- You should have a current BLS Certification
- You should have more than 6 months of clinical experience as a licensed RN
If you find this opportunity to improve the lives of our patients compelling, we encourage you to apply and learn more about how we can work together in Serving Humanity to Honor God.
Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.