SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
We are hiring and looking for the brightest and best to join our dynamic team on this Medical Telemetry Unit. We are offering competitive pay, benefits and sign-on bonuses! Come explore what we have to offer and what you can contribute to this unit.
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Sign-on Bonuses
- Relocation Bonuses--when relocating
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Registered Nurse for Metropolitan Methodist Hospital to ensure we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- You will consistently apply the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients.
- You will collaborate with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes.
- You will provide communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities.
- You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team.
- You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing.
The Registered Nurse (RN) II is the patient and patients family advocate. The RN consistently applies and utilizes the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills, and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients. The RN collaborates with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes. Communicates and utilizes interpersonal skills effectively and role models confidence and professionalism within nursing by active engagement in unit and organizational activities. Demonstrates team work, adaptability, and is a resource person to the patient care team. The RN is accountable for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others under their direction in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act, hospital policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224). Promotes a positive image of nursing and demonstrates team work and adaptability through consistently following the standards of Methodist Excellence.
Critical factors to your success include:
Applies nursing judgment through a thorough, systematic approach of applying the nursing process to include:
Assessment: Conducts comprehensive, timely, and ongoing focused physical, psycho- social and pain assessments; includes assessment of patient education needs.
Planning: Utilizes the assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized plan of care. Identifies individual patient goals, readiness to learn and incorporates family into the plan of care.
Implementation: Prioritizes and implements a competent, prioritized and efficient nursing plan of care.
Evaluation/Reassessment: Consistently conducts timely evaluation, anticipates and recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the plan of care.Qualifications
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree registered nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN preferred) and/or certification in your specialty area you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN III or IV positions
- Minimum of six (6) months of clinical experience as a licensed Registered Nurse
- Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
With over 370 beds Methodist Hospital Metropolitan offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our womens pavilion is the only stand-alone center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, welcoming nearly 4,000 newborns into the world each year. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center and has been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare, and for the fourth consecutive year as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. It is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are also proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, as well as the first Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. For more information, please visit our website at and select Methodist Hospital Metropolitan under Locations.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing
so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Notice
Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.