SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Sign-ON Bonus Offered
Methodist Texsan Hospital is a full service acute care hospital specializing in cardiovascular and orthopedic services. As an advanced center for cardiac care, we are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services including research and clinical trials. Using state-of-the-art technology such as our robotics program, our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry. Methodist Texsan Hospitals 30 bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is the largest in the Methodist Healthcare network of hospitals and takes a team approach to providing excellent care for its patients. Our Level IV trauma emergency service is a leader in San Antonio in patient experience and efficiency and is currently undergoing a significant expansion to better serve our community.
Methodist Texsan Hospital is licensed for 120 beds and is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commissions Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. Methodist Texsan was also the first Methodist hospital to receive certification from the Joint Commission in Hip and Knee Replacement and the HeartCare Center Distinction of Excellence from the American College of Cardiology. The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses recognized the Intensive Care Unit at Methodist Texsan Hospital with the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence, one of only a few units in Texas to receive this award. The hospital has also been recognized by Modern Healthcares Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row. For more information on how to join this amazing place to work, please visit our website at and select Methodist Texsan Hospital under Locations. HEARTS, BONES, AND SO MUCH MORE
As a professional Registered Nurse (RN) at Methodist, you would serve as an advocate for the patient and their family. We are looking for RNs who have a passion for serving humanity and want to deliver exceptional care to those they serve.
- Level IV Trauma Center
- Leapfrog A Grade for Patient Safety
- Certified in Hip and Knee Replacement
- Certified in Chest Pain Care
- Certified in Heart Failure Care
- Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare
- Center for Spine Service
- Center for Sleep
- Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation Unit
- 4 CVOR suites
- Focus on Work/Life balance call schedule
- Unmatchable team atmosphere and culture rooted in developing skills within an array of service lines
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESP
We are seeking an Inpatient Rehab Nurse for Methodist Texsan Hospital to ensure we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care . We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other
A Phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Inpatient is a 30 bed unit
- Patient to Nurse Ratio: 5:1
- Caring for Orthopedic, CVA, amputee, Respiratory, and Cardiac patients in an Inpatient Rehab setting.
- Recently awarded The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® for Rehabilitation Stroke Accreditation
- Methodist Texsan Hospital is pursuing Magnet certification, with that many RNs on the unit hold a CRRN (Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse) certification or are in the process of pursuing it.
The culture on the unit is attributed to the strong interdisciplinary teamwork and compassion between the RNs (day and night) and with the different therapy disciplines on the unit.
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- You will consistently apply the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients
- You will collaborate with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
- You will provide communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
- You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
- You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing
- You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
- You should possess your RN License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
- You should have a current BLS Certification
- You should have more than 6 months of clinical experience as a licensed RN
If you find this opportunity to improve the lives of our patients compelling, we encourage you to apply and learn more about how we can work together in Serving Humanity to Honor God.QualificationsNotice
Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.